On our previous article, we already talked about Blackjack’s brief introduction, how to play it and what we used to play it. If you already read that article, it’s the right time to moving on and talks about the strategy to win Blackjack. If you are a beginner, maybe Blackjack seems like a complicated game with so many rules and terms to understand. It’s true, Blackjack is not that kind of simple game that based on luck, but it’s not impossible for a beginner to play this game and win it, as long as you follow the rules and prepared a good strategy before you play the game.
Blackjack is indeed not the type of game that only based on luck, unlike most of the card game or other casino games. But this game also needs bits of luck, and of course a capability.
You Cannot Play Blackjack If You Don’t Understand The Terms
It’s really important to learn how to play Blackjack before you jump right into the game and that will increase your chance to win the game. But before all the rules and all the strategy, the first thing you need to learn is Blackjack terminology. It’s impossible for you to play if you don’t know any terms used in this game.
- Hit; Take another card from the dealer.
Signal; Scrape cards against the table; tap the table with finger ow wave hand toward body.
- Stand; Take no more cards, also known as “stand pat”, “stick”, or “stay”.
Signal: Slide cards hand under chips; wave hand horizontally.
- Double Down; The player is allowed to increase the initial bet by up to 100% in exchange for committing to stand after receiving exactly one more card. The additional bet is placed in the betting box next to the original bet. But keep in your mind, some games do not permit the player to increase the bet by amounts other than 100%.
Signal; Place additional chips beside the original bet outside the betting box, and point with one finger.
- Split; If the first two cards of a hand have the same value, the player can split them into two hands, by moving a second bet equal to the first into an area outside the betting box. The dealer separates the two cards and draws an additional card on each, placing one bet with each hand. The player then plays out the two separate hand in turn; except for a few restrictions, the hands are treated as independent new hands, with the player winning or losing their wager separately for each hand.
Signal; Place additional chips next to the original bet outside the betting box; point with two fingers spread into a V formation.
- Surrender; This only available as the first decision of a hand. Some games offer the options to surrender directly after the dealer has checked for Blackjack. When the player surrenders, the house takes half the player’s bet and returns the other half.
Signal; The request to surrender is made verbally.
Those are several based terms of Blackjack. Before you play and jump into the real games, you could find a website or agent that provides free demos for their members. That way you could do some trial before the real games. Practice makes perfect!