Prediction: Liverpool vs Porto, 24 November 2021
Prediction for Liverpool vs Porto, the meeting begins on November 24. It will be fascinating to see which team wins and which bet is the most profitable.
The Anfield stadium in Liverpool will host the match between Liverpool and Porto in the fifth round of Champions League.
H2H STATS & PREVIOUS RESULTS
The first round of confrontation took place in Port on September 28th. Liverpool scored five goals to win against their opponent, a total of 5:1. Notably, in 2019, the clubs met in quarterfinals in Champions League. Liverpool beat their opponent twice with a score of 6:1.
Liverpool has been eliminated from the playoffs already. The reds won’t move from first place even if they get two pockets in succession. Klopp’s protégés play powerful attacking football (13 goals scored by the guys) and keep their opponents guessing for the duration of the match. Mo Salah, the forward, is one of the top scorers. He has already scored five goals.
Porto is in second place in Group A, but the team still has a chance to not make it to the playoffs. Conceicau’s wards earned five points and Atletico has one less. It’s impossible to lose points during the second round. At the Euro arena, the team is still struggling to create an offensive game. The guys scored just three goals and conceded six.
Liverpool vs Porto Head to Head
- Liverpool were the dominant force throughout the history of this matchup.
- The Reds won six of the nine last head-to-head encounters with Porto and drew three.
- In the two previous wins over Porto, Liverpool scored nine goals.
- In four of six matches against Porto, Liverpool scored at least four goals.
Predictions & Analysis for Liverpool vs Porto
With a perfect record, Liverpool are now in the top spot of Group B. They have won four of their four Champions League games.
Jurgen Klopp’s men now lead the group by seven points with only two games remaining. They have everything they need to win in Gameweeks 5/6, so there is nothing to lose.
We know that Roberto Firmino, the German manager, is unable to count on the services Andy Robertson (among other things), so we can expect him here to make rotations and keep the main players fresh for this challenging festive season.
Diogo Jota was knocked out in Arsenal’s 4-0 win over Arsenal. He could be back for this match.
We don’t expect the Reds will repeat the performance at Estadio Do Dragao last month when they scored five goals against Porto.
Liverpool’s lackluster motivation is what the visitors are hoping to exploit at Anfield. They could win this game and potentially secure second place in the group, with Milan winning at Estadio Wanda Metropolitano.
The Key Statistics for Betting
- Motivation could be a key factor in this.
- Liverpool have nothing to lose in the two remaining games.
- Jurgen Klopp might give his stars, Sadio Manne and Diogo Jota, rest assured.
- Roberto Firmino is sidelined by injuries to Andy Robertson.
Tips for Liverpool vs Porto
- Porto to win or draw @ 1.80 (4/5)
- Both Teams to Score @ 1.66 (4/6).