Prediction: Southampton vs Brentford 11th January 2022
Prediction: The match between Southampton vs Brentford will be played on January 11. It will be fascinating to see which club will win and which bet wins.
The 18th round will see a clash between Brentford and Southampton in the championship of England. The match will be played at St. Mary’s Stadium, Southampton.
H2H STATS & PREVIOUS RESULTS
The teams have only met once in the last four years. In 2020, the English League Cup’s 1/32 finals saw the confrontation. It ended in victory for Brentford with a score 2:0.
Southampton won one match during the winter break. They beat Swansea 3-2 and advanced to the 1/16 finals. Hasenhuttl’s protégés also started to gain momentum in the championship. The Saints defeated West Ham 3-2 and then took a point away from Tottenham (1:1). Despite being in 14th, the team has 21 points in their asset.
Brentford has held two confrontations this year and the fans were pleased with Victorias in each. The Bees defeated Aston Villa in the championship (2-1) and Port Vale in 1/32 in the FA Cup. Frank’s charges are looking good for a rookie league player. The club finished 12th in the table after round one, earning 23 points to the piggy bank.
Southampton vs Brentford Head-to-head (h2h)
- This match ended in a 0-2 win by Brentford.
- Five clashes in the eight previous matches had at least three goals.
- Since 2000, the hosts have not once kept a clean table at this venue.
Southampton vs Brentford Prediction & Analysis
The in-form Tottenham drew 1-1 at Southampton on their last match-day at the stadium. They are also unbeaten in ten out of thirteen of their previous overall games and have a six-fixture streak at home.
They have only been defeated twice in this stadium since March.
Brentford, on the other hand, did win 2-1 at home against Aston Villa in the last game week. They were also on a losing streak of three games and had lost ten of their fourteen previous overall fixtures.
They have also been without a win in five matches on the road and have not kept a clean sheet in away matches all season.
They are also recently promoted to the top flight and are not able to take on experienced teams.
Expect a close win for Southampton on Sunday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Southampton has lost only once in six games. This was against Arsenal.
- In the past ten months, they have only lost twice at this venue.
- Brentford had dropped three of their four previous games and were winless in ten out of thirteen of their last thirteen.
- Only two league wins have been posted on the road for this entire season.
- They conceded at least two goals on their five previous road trips.
Tips for Southampton vs Brentford
- Southampton to Win @ 2.50 (1/1)
- Southampton: Over 1.5 Team Goals @ 1.90 (9/10).