UEFA Euro 2020 England vs Scotland 18 JUNE
Given this is the earliest fixture in international soccer, and a game involving two of the world’s fiercest competitions, expect plenty of fireworks at Wembley. Scotland haven’t conquered England at a significant championship butagain, this is their first appearance at the high level since the 1998 World Cup, so that they know all about throwing the listing books from the window.
England needed a simple route to Euro 2020, finishing top of the qualifying group with seven wins and a defeat in eight matches, scoring 37 goals. It had been the first them they’d started a European Championship with a success, therefore spirits are high as they seem to all-but secure their spot in the last-16.
Scotland, on the other hand, were created to work because of their qualification and just sealed it at the most spectacular manner. Alas, the beginning for their first key tournament in 23 years was not an excellent one, as Scotland were defeated 2-0 by Czech Republic because of a Patrik Schick brace, including a Goal of the Tournament contender. Defeat could seal Scotland’s group phase exit.
ENGLAND VS SCOTLAND MATCH STATS
- Raheem Sterling, England’s goalscorer, shot a number of those eight shots, more than every other player in that game.
- Kieran Trippier attempted 66 moves in that match, the highest of any England player, but Phil Foden’s 95.45% death precision was the best on show.
- Scotland finished 15 take-ons against the Czech Republic — more than every other team in the very first round of fittings.
- They also attempted more crosses than any other team in their first form of fixtures using a total of 10.
- Striker Lyndon Dykes attempted 19 moves in that game like 15 in the last third, but finished just seven.
- The people could have some pleasure in the air since they won 32 in their 57 aerial duels versus Czech Republic, whereas England won 11 from 21 vs Croatia.
- Grant Hanley could be crucial duplication for Scotland. He led in aerial duels won (7) and clearances completed (5) in their opening game.
England backline to include mis-firing Scotland
The 1-0 win over Croatia on Sunday long England’s good home run, a series they will appear to continue that week. The Three Lions are now unbeaten in their past seven key tournament group stage matches played on home soil, comprising three 1966 World Cup matches and three out of Euro 96. England have also conceded just one goal in their previous seven matches across all competitions.
Back contrary to the aims amid derby day nerves
England’s defence has been respectable of late, however their attack has left fans wanting more. After scoring 37 goals in qualifying (bettered only by Belgium who played games ), England have struggled, netting seven in their past five. Three of these games have been 1-0 victories, with only Albania and Poland conceding more than once against the 3 Lions (both double ).
ENGLAND VS SCOTLAND CORNER STATS
England’s match against Croatia was low on corners together with each side winning only one. This arrived as neither goalkeeper was truly tested into making big saves, nor defenders into significant blocks out of crosses. Scotland’s opener from Czech Republic was totally separate, with the two sides carrying half an hour.
There were no cards in Scotland’s defeat to Czech Republic, but you can expect a match against England to possess more. England saw Phil Foden booked in their match with Croatia, while three opposition players were cautioned, as the 3 Lions forced the defence into fouls. The referee for this particular game is yet to be verified, however they have their hands full, especially if foul-winner extraordinaire Jack Grealish plays.
- 11 November 2016: England 3-0 Scotland — World Cup Qualifying
- 18 November 2014: Scotland 1-3 England — International friendly
- 14 August 2013: England 3-2 Scotland — International friendly
- 17 November 1999: England 0-1 Scotland — European Championship Qualifying
Professional Betting Tips
We feel that England will acquire confidently, as Scotland are one of the most comfortable competitions for England. Thinking about the cautious play of the home team we assume that England will win the match to nil and 1XBET provides odds of 1.88 for this.
In addition, we expect a target from the group captain Harry Kane, that should lead the group. Marathonbet gives chances of 1.90 because of his goal. In summary, we think that the English will triumph not just the match but also the very first half. Parimatch provides opportunities of 1.84 for HT/FT in favour of the home team.
As previously mentioned, the Scots have never beaten the 3 Lions in a significant championship, while they’ve won only one of the 11 meetings since April 1986. You can watch online malaysia Euro 2020 FREE online at wclub365 for every single game of the tournament.