UEFA Euro 2020Italy vs Austria 26 JUNE
After their return to major tournament action, the Azzurri set a new standard by winning all three of their Group A matches with seven goals scored and one conceded. They face an Austrian round-of-16 tie with Das Team, who will be playing in the knockout rounds for the first ever time in their history. The Netherlands beat Austria in the group stages, but they won comfortably.
MATCH STATS ITALY VS AUSTRIA
- Italy has won all four meetings with Austria at major international tournaments. All four games were played in the World Cup.
- Italy is currently unbeaten in thirty games (W25D5). This is the longest run they have had in their history and equals a run under Vittorio Puzzo in 1935-1939.
- Austria is making their debut in the knockout stages at the European Championship. This is also their first appearance in any major tournament’s knockout stage since 1954 World Cup when they reached the semi final.
- Italy has won two of the 13 matches held in London (D5L6) and is winless in five other matches (D3L2) since beating England in 1997 at Wembley in a World Cup qualifier. Gianfranco Zola scored the goal.
- Austria has lost four of six London games in all competitions (W1D1) to Austria, this is their first visit to London since September 1973 (vs England) when they suffered a 7-0 defeat. Their only previous London game was against England in 1948, when they lost 3-0 to Sweden.
- Italy has kept a clean slate in their 11 last matches in all competitions. They have gone 1055 minutes (17 hours, 35 minutes) without conceding since the Donny van der Beek goal last October for the Netherlands. They will be able to match their 1972-74 record of 12 consecutive games without conceding.
- David Alaba had nine chances during the group stages. This is at least four more than any Austrian player. These four chances were scored in Austria’s win against Ukraine 1-0 last time.
- With two goals each, Ciro Immobile (Italy) and Manuel Locatelli (Italy) are the joint-highest goal scorers.
- Five of the seven goals Italy set for Euro 2020 were achieved in the second half.
ITALY Vs AUSTRIA: CORNER STATS
Only Spain (22), Turkey (20), and Spain (both 20), have taken more corners at Euro 2020 than Italy and Austria, with both countries tied on 18.
CARDS STATS: ITALY Vs AUSTRIA
Italy has only received one yellow card in their three opening games at Euro 2020. Austria was cautioned three times. Both sides have not received a red card.
Expert Tips for Betting
It’s hard to believe that the Austrians can offer any resistance against the Italians. Already it is clear that the Azzurri only came to this tournament to win. Austria will not be able to stop them from winning. Italy will wait for the winner in the Belgium vs Portugal match. This will be a great showdown. We will be playing an excellent opponent in the interim, as a test before the quarterfinals. It is a good chance that Italy will win with a confident win, so it would be a shame to not take advantage. Our main bet on Italy winning with a handicap (-1) is1.83.
Also, we recommend taking a closer look to Belgium in order to win to zero bets. They currently have 11 wins and the Italians are not conceding more than 1000 minutes. These figures in modern football are amazing. It is possible to bet that Italy will win the match to nil.2.09. You can watch Sport Soccer Euro 2020 FREE online at wclub365 for every single game of the tournament.
Let me conclude by mentioning Ciro Immobile, Italy’s main striker and forward. Ciro Immobile is at the top of his game and this tournament could be his most important. He is 31 years old, and we don’t know what will happen at the 2022 World Cup. He was a top five scorer in Serie A last year with 20 goals and he will be making two appearances at UEFA EURO 2020. Andrea Belotti’s match against Wales saw Roberto Mancini make an impact. Ciro scored in both of his games. It’s clear that Immobile is committed to the game. You can bet on him scoring.2.87This seems like a great option.
HEAD TO HEAD: ITALY Vs AUSTRIA
- 20 August 2008 – Italy 2 Austria 2 – International friendly
- 23 June 1998 – Italy 2 Austria – 1998 World Cup
- 09 June 1990 – Italy 1 Austria – 1990 World Cup
- 25 March 1989 – Austria 1-1 Italy – International friendly
- 26 March 1986 – Italy 2 Austria 1 – International friendly
Italy has not lost to Austria since December 1960, a 13-game run. They have only met once in 21st century — in a 2008 friendly, a draw of 2-2.