UEFA Euro 2020 Netherlands vs Czech Republic 27 JUNE
Oranje, who missed out on the previous two major tournaments, breezed through the Euro 2020 group stage. They won three of three games and beat Ukraine, Austria, and North Macedonia, scoring eight goals. The Czech Republic team is up against them. They were close to finishing ahead of England and Croatia in Group A, but ended up third with only four points from three games.
Frank de Boer’s team is looking to be the first Dutch team to reach the Euros quarter-finals since 2004. In comparison, the Czechs reached the final four in 2004, while the Dutch lost finalists in 1996.
NETHERLANDS VS CZECH REPUBLIC – MATCH STATS
- The Netherlands won the 1988 tournament and have only lost two of seven knockout stage games. They beat Yugoslavia 6-1 in 2000’s quarter-final. In 2004, they defeated Sweden 5-4 with penalties.
- The Czech Republic were eliminated in their four last games in the knockout stage of the European Championships. They lost to Germany in 1996 and Greece in 2004. Portugal was in the quarter-final.
- The Netherlands is looking to win the opening four games in a European Championship for the second time. They last won it at Euro 2000. Frank de Boer, the current manager, was present in all four of the Netherlands’ victories in the opening tournament in 2000. All of these were played on Dutch soil.
- Czech Republic has lost four and drawn two of seven major tournaments, including the World Cup & Euros. This victory was on MD1 of Euro 2020, against Scotland. It saw them win 2-0 despite being faced with 19 opposition shots from Scotland.
- Memphis Depay was directly involved in 13 goals for the Netherlands in his 10 last appearances in all competitions (9 goals and 4 assists), while only Robert Lewandowski (12 attempts more shots than Depay (11) on the Euro 2020 group stage.
- Since the beginning of 2019, Georginio Wijnaldum has scored 15 goals for Netherlands in 25 games. No other player has ever scored more for the country. Wijnaldum scored 10 goals in his 53 first appearances for Oranje.
- Six of the nine Czech Republic shots on target at Euro 2020 were recorded by Patrik Schick, which is the highest percentage of any player in the tournament (67%) However, Schick was unable to score on five of the nine shots on target against Scotland on MD1 in the group stage. He has only one shot on target in his previous two appearances.
NETHERLANDS VS CZECH RESPUBLIC: CORNER STATS
Both teams won 14 corners in the group stages, which was the fifth most at Euro 2020.
CARDS STATS: NETHERLANDS VS CZECH RESPUBLIC
This tournament has seen neither side receive a red card. Only one time were the Dutch booked in the group stages while four cautions were given to the Czechs.
Expert Tips for Betting
The Dutch are a formidable opponent and we believe the Czechs have lost their tournament quest. We expect to see the gap in Budapest on the scoreboard. Our prediction for the match is therefore a win for Oranje with handicap (-1).2.28.
We believe their head-to-head encounters will be traditional productive and open. We’d bet on Total over 2.5 goals in this regard.1.90. You can watch Sport Soccer Euro 2020 FREE online at wclub365 for every single game of the tournament.
Georginio Wijnaldum is enjoying a strong tournament and has scored three goals. It makes sense to place a bet on his goal.4.74.
NETHERLANDS VS CZECH RESPUBLIC: HEAD TO HEEAD
- 13 October 2015 – Netherlands 2-3 Czech Republic. European Championships qualifying
- 09/09/2014 – Czech Republic 2-1 Netherlands, European Championships qualifying
- 08/10/2005 – Czech Republic, 0-2 Netherlands – World Cup qualifying
- 08/09/2004 – Netherlands 2-0 Czech Republic World Cup qualifying
- 19 June 2004 – Netherlands 2-3 Czech Republic, Euro 2004
This will be the first encounter between the Czech Republic and Netherlands since October 2015, when they were defeated 3-2 by the Czechs in a Euro 2016 qualifier. The European Championships will see these two countries face off for the third consecutive time (excl. Both sides have won one of their previous Czechoslovakia games. The Czechs won 3-2 in a thrilling match at Euro 2004 after coming from two goals behind. This was following an 88-minute winner by Vladimir Smicer.