UEFA Euro 2020 Sweden vs Ukraine 29 JUNE
It was a remarkable group stage campaign for Sweden, which finished above Spain, having defeated them in their first match, and a Robert Lewandowski inspired Poland. Ukraine, however, was unable to overcome debutants North Macedonia.
Janne Andersson was criticized for his 14% possession against Spain in matchday 1. However, his antiquated style was redeemed as Sweden won a point, a clean score and had the best chance at the Estadio de La Cartuja.
Although it wasn’t an ideal game, Andersson showed that he is capable of producing swashbuckling football whenever the mood strikes him.
In the meantime, Ukraine were in a thrilling thriller with the Netherlands. They lost 3-2 to North Macedonia, then beat them 2-1, and then lost to Austria. They were able to get through with that one result, but must improve to be able to beat a highly-oiled Sweden team.
SWEDEN Vs UKRAINE: MATCH STATS
- Each of the three goals scored by Ukraine were directly contributed to by Roman Yaremchuk (2 goals and 1 assist), and Andriy Yarmolenko (2-0, 1 goal, 1 assist).
- After a streak of 11 games without scoring a goal, Emil Forsberg scored four goals in his four last games in all competitions for Sweden.
- Sweden has attempted the fewest number of passes (846), which is one of three countries (Wales, Hungary, and Hungary) that have yet to reach quadruple figures.
- Sweden’s seven points in Euro 2020 are the highest they have ever received in the group stage at a European Championship.
- After their victory over North Macedonia, Ukraine ended six consecutive losses at the European Championships.
- Only North Macedonia (39) and Finland (53) had more interceptions than Sweden (36) within the groups.
- Sweden was the nation with the highest clearances, and the only country to surpass the 100-mark (102).
- No side had more chances than Ukraine (16, which is level with Wales) to reach EURO 2020’s last 16 teams.
- Ukraine has lost seven of the eight European Championship games they have played in recent years.
SWEDEN Vs UKRAINE: CORNER STATS
Although they managed just one corner against Spain and six against Slovakia, Poland, and Poland, Sweden scored seven and six respectively against Slovakia and Poland, but neither team was able to score in a set-piece nor concede in the group. Lewandowski hit the crossbar twice in one phase against Sweden from a corner, but Andersson’s men were very well-trained from deadball situations. The Ukraine also managed only one corner in their first game but scored five and four in the two subsequent matches. Andriy Shevchenko’s concern will be that their side conceded the goal from the corner to Austria.
SWEDEN Vs UKRAINE: CARDS STATS
Amazingly, Ukraine was the only country to receive two yellow cards during the group stage. Five countries collected the single booking. Three other nations racked up three each, including Sweden. The card collectors in Ukraine were Mykola Shaparenko and Serhiy Sydorchuk. In Sweden, the offenders came in all three of their games. Marcus Danielson and Mikael Lustig each received yellows.
SWEDEN Vs UKRAINE: SQUAWKA SAYS
Scoreline prediction: Sweden 2-1 Ukraine
Betting tips for Sweden vs Ukraine
Below 2.5 goals. Five of the eight matches between Sweden and Ukraine in 2021 produced less than three goals. Six of the nine matches in Ukraine have produced two goals or less.
Alexander Isak will score. This former Borussia Dortmund striker was expected to have a great summer. He did show some magic in the group phase but has yet to score a goal.
SWEDEN Vs UKRAINE: HEAD TO THE HEAD
- 11 Jun 2012 – Ukraine 2 – Sweden – Euro 2012
- 10 August 2011 – Ukraine 1 Sweden – International Friendly
- 09 February 2011 – Sweden 1-1 Ukraine International Friendly
- 01 Jun 2008 – Sweden 0-1 Ukraine International Friendly
Betting odds for Sweden vs Ukraine
This article contains betting tips for Sweden vs Ukraine and Euro 2020 predictions. These are the betting odds. You can watch Sport Soccer Euro 2020 FREE online at wclub365 for every single game of the tournament.
- o – Sweden 7/5
- o – Draw 21/10
- Ukraine 11/5