UEFA Euro 2020 Wales vs Denmark 26 JUNE
After securing four points in three Group A games, Wales has advanced to the knockout round of the European Championships for the second consecutive year. After losing two of their first two matches against Denmark and Finland, the Dragons will now face Denmark’s side. They won a convincing 4-1 victory over Russia on matchday 3.
In 2016, Wales reached the semi-finals before losing to Portugal. Denmark won the tournament in 1992, but they have only made it to the semi-finals for the second time.
WALES VS. DENMARK: MATCH STATS
- There has been no draw between Denmark and Wales in 10 previous meetings.
- After losing their first two games in group play, Denmark became the first European Championship team to reach the knockout stage.
- Wales has reached the knockout stage in each of the three major tournaments (EUROs and World Cup), the 1958 World Cup as well as EURO 2016 and EURO 2020.
- Denmark scored 59 shots during the group stage, their average of 19.7 shots per match was their highest ever in major tournaments (Euros and World Cup).
- Wales had a total of 97 shot attempts at EURO 2016/EURO 2020. 49 of these came from Gareth Bale (33) or Aaron Ramsey (16), which is just over half their total effort at goal.
- Mikkel Damsgaard, Denmark’s youngest ever goal scorer at a major tournament (21y 353d), was part of Denmark’s 4-1 win over Russia. In his five appearances in all competitions, the striker was involved in six goals (3 goals, 3 assists).
- Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg recorded three assists in the three games at EURO 2020. No Denmark player has ever recorded more assists at one edition of a World Cup, European Championship or World Cup.
WALES VS. DENMARK: CORNER STATS
Wales has won 12 corners in their three Euro 2020 games, while Spain (22), Turkey (both 20), and Spain (both 20), have had more than Denmark (18).
WALES VS. DENMARK: CARDS STRATS
During the group stage, five yellow cards were issued to Wales. Ethan Ampadu was sent home against Italy. Denmark were cautioned 4 times.
Pick & Analysis of Betting
Denmark has an open path to the knockout stages, while Wales had a difficult time making it through the group due to the scope of its three performances.
The Danes will dominate midfield. Their defense is difficult to defend against, whether on counterattacks or during transition. Denmark was undervalued throughout the tournament, and they are back.
This is a 90-minute game. However, given the Danes’ chances of creating in the final third, it should be a close race. You can watch Sport Soccer Euro 2020 MALAYSAI FREE online at wclub365 for every single game of the tournament.
WALES VS. DENMARK: HEAD TO THE HEAD
- 16 November 2018 – Wales 2 Denmark – Uefa Nations League
- 9 September 2018 – Denmark 2 – Wales – Uefa Nations League
- 19 November 2008 – Denmark 1 Wales – International friendly
- 09 June 1999 – Wales, 0-2 Denmark – European Championships qualifying
- 10 October 1998 – Denmark, 1-2 Wales – European Championships qualifying
In the 10 previous meetings, there were no draws. Denmark won six and Wales won four. In three of the four previous meetings with Dragons, the Danes were victorious.